PHONE: 1800 888 900
Duke of Edinburgh Acknowledgement of Information & Consent Form
As parent/guardian, I confirm that I have read and understood the information from the Outdoor Education Group (OEG) regarding the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition and that I fully understand the nature of the Expedition and agree to my child’s participation in all the activities described.
– I understand that the activities / Expedition outline may change during the Expedition in response to inclement weather (environmental conditions) and / or other safety concerns.
– I understand that the Outdoor Education Group and its instructors take all reasonable care to minimize foreseeable risks whilst overseeing the Expedition.
– I understand that all Outdoor Education Group staff have a current cleared NSW Working With Children Check and have agreed with the Duke of Edinburgh National Volunteer Code of Conduct.
I also understand and agree:
OEG reserves the right, before or during the expedition, to postpone or modify the program as appropriate should there be adverse environmental conditions.
Participants must bring their own food, please do NOT bring any whole nuts or nut derivatives.
That the physical demands of the Duke of Edinburgh Expedition programs require that my child is medically, physically and emotionally fit and fully able to participate in the activities. The Expedition’s instructors reserve the right to refuse to permit my child to participate in any activity that they deem he / she is not fit to participate in or where he / she is deemed a hazard to themselves, the instructors or other participants.
That I have read and understood the information provided regarding this Duke of Edinburgh Expedition and that I will ensure that my child has adequate clothing and equipment to participate safely and comfortably as described in the Gear and Equipment List.
That my child may be required in exceptional circumstances to obey direct instructions given by Outdoor Education Group instructors. I understand that if my child fails to obey instructions and that, if this refusal places themselves, the instructors or other participants at risk, they may be required to leave the program whereby no fees will be refundable and I will be required to arrange their transport home at my own cost.
That I am responsible for the replacement or repair cost of any Outdoor Education Group equipment that is lost or willfully damaged by my child.
That it is my responsibility to truthfully and accurately complete and submit the medical forms within the specified timeframe.
Should you wish to withdraw your booking, the following cancellation charges will apply:
– More than 6 weeks prior to departure date – full refund
– Between 2 and 6 weeks prior to departure date – 75% of fees will be refunded
– Less than 2 weeks prior to departure – no refund